Within the first two years Dere Street Homes provides you with a customer care package.
In the unlikely event of an emergency…
Emergencies during the hours of 08.00 and 17.00 should be reported to the Customer Care Department at Dere Street Homes on 0191 3736535.
- Plumbing and drainage failure
- Electrical supply failure
- Central heating failure
- Security (door or window lock problem which could result in safety or security issues)
All other issues, non-emergency maintenance and snagging items should be reported to Dere Street Homes.
Out of hours emergencies– After Build Scheme
Emergencies out of our normal working hours please use the After Build Scheme Out of Hours Facility, which covers Emergencies ONLY between the hours of 17:00 – 08.00. Weekends and all Bank Holidays are covered 24- hours.
An emergency is: “A sudden and unforeseen incident immediately creating a risk to the health of the Occupant(s) and/or damage to the property rendering in uninhabitable, insecure or dangerous.”
This definition will be applied to each call received.
- Electrical mains supply failure (other than when this is a utility company problem);
- Blocked drain or leak to the foul drainage system;
- Totally unusable WC;
- Failure of fitting or lock to door or window;
- Total failure in the function of heating system or hot water system;
- Defective fire alarm.
In the event of an emergency a phone call to 0330 1242262 will take away all the worry and hassle of emergency repairs.
Please note; a charge will apply when a non-emergency call is received outside of normal working hours. All other non emergency issues will be referred back to our Head office Customer Care department when the office is open.
Dere Street Homes Customer Care Team